top of page

Credential Evaluation

An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. There are different types of ECAs. You need to get an ECA for immigration purposes and it is usually your highest level of education.

You must include your ECA report and the reference number in your Express Entry profile.

If you completed your education outside Canada, you need an assessment to:

  • be eligible as the principal applicant for Federal Skilled Workers Program (Express Entry), or

  • earn points for education you got outside Canada


You must get your assessment from an organization or a professional body designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. They will give you a report that tells you what your education is equal to in Canada.


Designated organizations

You must use one of these designated organizations:


One of the pre-arrival services we offer is support in attaining your ECA. Please book a free consultation for more information.

Image by Andy Holmes
bottom of page