top of page

Visitor Visa

Image by Matthew Henry

In order to visit, fly to, or pass through a Canadian airport, most travellers must apply for a visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA). Canada has a variety of visas that allow you to come to visit friends and family for a holiday as well as certain special visas that allow other things such as short-term study or business to take place.

If you are inviting friends or family members to visit, review the list of countries whose citizens need a visa. A visitor can stay up to six months on each entry and can apply to extend his or her stay.

List of countries and territories where citizens need a visa

Learn more about choices for visitor visas and how to extend your stay. Book a free 15 minute consultation with a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant now.  
Image by Zach Heiberg
bottom of page